Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thoughts On Materialism


From the blog Joe Todd's Quality Time, always available in Buster's Links.  This a re-posted excerpt of his most recent post.

"Now we are occupying the temple of the Market-God.  He organizes our economy, our politics, our habits, our lives, and even provides us with rates and credit cards and gives us the appearance of happiness." -- Uruguayan President Jose Mujica

For his full post, including more info on the remarkable President Mujica, click the link below.  It's a good one!  As Joe says, I think I'll try to be a little more grateful for what I have.

http://www.myqualitytime.net/2014/07/thoughts-on-materialism.html

1 comment:

  1. President Mujica is an interesting fellow for sure. thanks for the repost and have a great 4th

    ReplyDelete