Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Survived The Derecho Apocalypse!

If you're in the dark green areas, it's just another day in paradise.  You'll be fine.
In the red areas, expect widespread power outages and costly damage to buildings, vehicles and livestock.
If you're in the pink area circled by the yellow line, I hope your affairs are in order because you're doomed!

I bet you did, too.  I appreciated all the advance warning, but don't you think they over-hyped yesterday's "derecho" just a little bit?  Some parts of the country were hit hard, but around here it was a routine thunderstorm.



No comments:

Post a Comment