Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Un-Fair Energy Ohio


Once again, AEP-Ohio wants the PUCO to be its lapdog. The present "market-based" pricing method will require AEP to reduce its prices on June 1st. No surprise, AEP is instead asking the PUCO to approve "capacity charge" pricing, which is essentially a much larger shopping tax ($355 vs. the current $20) levied against customers who choose a competitive supplier, and would at the same time work to keep prices higher for non-shopping customers.

AEP's lobbying arm, FairEnergyOhio.Org, is running an ad which paints a very different picture. In the ad, AEP is portrayed as a cute little girl with a lemonade stand in her yard. AEP's competitors are shown as big, bad men in suits who steal the girl's lemonade and set up their own stand across the street. Poor little AEP!

This is the same sort of slimy, we're-lying-but-you're-stupid advertising favored by Karl Rove, the Koch brothers, 60Plus.Org, and all the other Super-PAC assholes. After these spots run, I wanna take a shower.

AEP is the big dog in this fight, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

You can comment on this issue by going to www.PUCO.ohio.gov and clicking "File a Public Comment". Make reference to Case# 10-2929-EL-UNC. Tell the PUCO to retain its present market-based pricing rules.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this commercial on WEWS and I knew that the ads weren't telling the complete story.
    I get my power from AMP-Ohio so I don't have to deal with AEP but I still oppose their slimy tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to oppose competition is unamerican
    aep opposes competition
    aep is unamerican

    ReplyDelete