Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Support The Girls Scouts Of America . . . By The Case!


As most of you know, when it comes to that swamp of indiscretion known as Facebook, Buster is a failure, but I do have 3 or 4 FB friends. Several weeks ago, one of them posted that her daughter was selling Girl Scout cookies, along with a picture of the ingredients in Thin Mints, which, as you can see, include "crack". Oh, ha-ha.

Much FB hilarity ensued, as many people posted snarky, humorous responses. Not to be outdone, I thought I'd join in the fun, so I posted what I thought would surely be taken as just another joke reply: "Holy shit! I'll take a case!" I mean, it's just stupid ol' Facebook, right? We're just kidding, aren't we?

Well, silly fuckin' me, she took me literally. Last night her husband showed up at the door with the case of crack-laden Thin Mints I had apparently "ordered" with my off-the-cuff FB comment. And yes, I stroked the check. Twelve boxes of cookies. How many is that? Jesus!

No biggie. Gave 'em all to the college kid. They'll be gone in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment