Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, January 29, 2016

A Secret Admirer?


While the Buster's Blog audience is small, it seems I have at least one fan.  Yesterday, I received an anonymous gift in the mail.  At least I think it was a gift.  I certainly consider it to be one.  It's a book, One Nation Under God: How Corporate America Created Christian America , by Kevin Kruse.  It's a historical look at how money, politics and religion combined to create a false origin story.  In hardback, too.  I know I'm going to enjoy reading it.  Thank you!


But who could have sent it?  There was no clue in the shipping material.  But I can take an educated guess.  Back in May, I blogged about the very same book because faithful reader D.W., a.k.a. The Old Philosopher, had emailed me a synopsis and positive review of the book.  So I'd guess the secret book sender could very well be D.W.

Or maybe it was sent from Oregon, by whoever's left from the delusional Bundy Bunch occupiers out there at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.  I recently blogged about them too, noting with amusement that critics were sending them dildos in the mail.  Perhaps they enjoyed my post and returned the favor by sending me a book.

I'd absolutely love it if that were true!  Far more likely, it was D.W.

Whoever it was, my sincere thanks!

http://bustergammons.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-philosophers-corner-one-nation.html






No comments:

Post a Comment