Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Still Think More Guns Is The Answer?


So, let me see if I understand how this works.  If you go to a school building, a movie theater, a shopping mall, a navy yard, or a church and get yourself shot and killed, it's your own damn fault for being so stupidly unarmed.

And now we add to the list:

If you're a TV reporter, or a cameraman, or you're being interviewed by a reporter, don't be stupid -- have your gun with you at all times.

Because the problem is not angry, mentally unhinged people with ridiculously easy access to lethal weapons.  No, the real problem is that not enough of us have guns.  Not enough of us use guns.  If everyone were armed to the teeth at all times, cocked, locked and loaded, think how safe we'd be.

Yes, I think I get it -- "more guns" is always the right answer.

For morons.


No comments:

Post a Comment