Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, May 17, 2015

Does It Work From Inside The Coyote?


In the real world outside the blogosphere, I'm the electronic gatekeeper for our subdivision:  I maintain a list of roughly 300 email addresses for residents of our neighborhood's homeowners association.  We use the list to share neighborhood info, newsletters, service referrals, etc.  (No, I do not send Buster's Blog to all of them, although sometimes I think I should.  Some of 'em need it.  Only a select and enlightened few receive this high-grade blather from Buster.)

Quite often, I send out lost pet alerts.  Had one the other day for a cat which had been missing for almost two days.  I forwarded a photo of the cat, his name, the owner's name and number, and the fact that the cat did not wear a collar but did have a microchip. 

So I hit "send" and walked out to check my mail, where I encountered my neighbor, a wise and funny fellow and a regular Buster's reader.  He said he saw the email and had just one question:

"Does the cat's chip still work from inside the coyote?"

I almost fell down laughing.

The owner reported that the cat returned home safely later that day, silent as to his whereabouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment