Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Tough Call


Say you had a pet dog that you loved dearly; best dog you ever had.  Somehow, your dog and a person you don't know at all have simultaneously fallen into a body of water and are drowning.  You have the ability to save one, but not both.  The one you don't choose will die.  Which one do you save, your dog or a total stranger?

Quite the existential dilemma, eh?

It's hard to determine what's right and wrong, but most people say they would choose to save the human being.

On Larry Wilmore's Nightly Show, the question was posed to a pair of comedians, whose answers did not disappoint:










"I'm saving my dog because I love him and because, statistically speaking, most people are assholes." -- Rory Albanese








"I don't have a dog and I don't like people.  Can I just go for a coffee?" -- S.E. Cupp

No comments:

Post a Comment