Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, September 16, 2013

Earl Sweatshirt On Sheep and Sinks


"Earl Sweatshirt" (Thebe Neruda Kgositsile) is half of the rap duo Odd Future.  (The other half is "Tyler the Creator".)  I don't know much about their music, and I doubt that I'd like it, but Earl was recently interviewed and displayed an amusing take on a couple things:

What do you think of social media?
Earl:  "Everyone's like sheep on social media, like one person starts making noise, and everyone's like, 'Hey, yeah!' and then you get a whole bunch of people making noise at you."

It's been reported that your dad, South African poet Keorapetse Kgositsile, has not listened to your music.  Has he?
Earl:  "I haven't shown him any music.  Like if I was a plumber, I wouldn't bring a sink home to my parents.  I'm not actively trying to bring my work into the house."

2 comments:

  1. loved the odd future shout out, but as a hardcore fan, i must point out that odd future consists of 9+ members, not just Tyler and Earl. ;)

    ReplyDelete