Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gone Buggy!



OK, Dept. of Natural Resources readers.  Lay some knowledge on me.  Our community pool has an infestation of these little red bugs.  They're suddenly all over tables and buildings, clumping together in large numbers.

What are they?  Box elder bugs, maybe?  I don't recall seeing them before, at least not in such congregations.  Are they harmful?  Are they normal for this area?  They don't seem to bite or do anything other than reproduce like, well, . . . bugs.  Should I spray 'em or just let 'em be?    

2 comments:

  1. I have a ton of them at my house this morning. Just got on here to look to see if I could find some pictures that were similar. Would love to know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They appear to be 2 distinct kinds of insects, one looks like an assassin type bug, the other, not sure,,,,,

    Can't wait to find out what they are...!!!

    ReplyDelete