Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, August 24, 2012

Nothing Wrong With "Career Politicians"


I didn't mention in yesterday's "Liar, Liar" post that at the very end of Mandel's TV ad, we're switched from a smiling, full-color Joshie Boy to an unsmiling, rumpled, black-and-white Sherrod Brown. (Bad guys are always in black-and-white.) Brown is slammed as a "career politician". Oh, how awful!

It seems to me that those who whine loudest about career politicians are those who are themselves desperate to become one.

So I'll take rumpled old Sherrod Brown with his intelligence, knowledge and experience (not to mention his point of view) over the fresh-faced emptiness of the Manchurian Candidate, Josh Mandel.

The Buster Gammons Doctrine: There's nothing wrong with career politicians, as long as I agree with them. ;)

Now Mitch McConnell, that SOB's gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment