Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, June 13, 2012

With A Mercedes, The Pricks Are On The Inside



About 12:30 this afternoon, I'm leaving beautiful, metropolitan Linworth behind and am heading west on Dublin-Granville Rd. Traffic is typical for lunchtime -- moving at 40 to 45 MPH but fairly thick in both directions. Suddenly, a guy in a white Mercedes Benz decides he has to pull out of the Brookside Country Club and make a left turn onto Dublin-Granville, and he has to do it right now, traffic be damned.

There's no room in either direction, but he just pulls out right in front of me anyway. I have to stand on the brakes, and so did eastbound cars. Jesus! It was a minor miracle there was no collision, and it happened so fast no one had time to honk or make the appropriate hand signal.

After I picked my heart up off the floormats and checked my BVD's, I immediately thought of the old riddle, "What's the difference between a porcupine and a Mercedes?"

The answer, of course, is the title to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment