Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, June 13, 2012

He Blinded Me With Science!


Walked into the kitchen today and there was the soon-to-be college sophomore placing eggs into a bowl of water while checking his open laptop. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Making some hard-boiled eggs," was the reply. Pointing at his computer, he said, "It says to float 'em in water first to make sure they're OK." I asked him what comes after that. "Put 'em in a pot and boil 'em," he said.

(For John, the actual cooking of anything by himself is a great leap forward from the peanut butter sandwich -- akin to the caveman's discovery of fire. The fact that he must consult an online "recipe" to boil an egg is funny, but beside the point. He's experimenting!)

"Very good," I said. "Carry on."

No comments:

Post a Comment