Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, January 24, 2011

Gallagher To Sue Boehner



Buster has learned that washed-up 1980's comedian Gallagher has filed a lawsuit against Speaker of the House John Boehner, charging him with trademark infringement.

Said Gallagher, "Everybody knows 'The Really Big Hammer' is my schtick, my thing. I'm famous for it. Now here comes this political dude, and he suddenly has a really big gavel? No watermelons yet, but just wait. It's an obvious ripoff! No fuckin' way, man."

Boehner replied that "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" and said that "Gallagher has always been my favorite comic." He added that he would smash "only the job-killing watermelons."

No comments:

Post a Comment