Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moronic Advertising


Yes, I know this one is obvious and too easy. Because after all, if you're looking for stupid shit, you can't find a more target-rich environment than advertising. But anyway, this spot's been running the past couple summers, and it annoys me. It's from the convenience store chain UDF, and it features a milk shake and an ice cream cone having a conversation. (See? We've already crossed the threshhold of dumb. And it gets worse.) At one point, the milk shake explains that it has been "designed to taste thicker and colder". Surely I'm not the only one who knows that "thick" and "cold" are not freakin' flavors! Jeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment