Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams


Robin Williams -- brilliant, manic, tortured, supremely funny. Sadly gone at age 63.  Had an incredibly quick mind with no filter.  Unforgettable comic genius.  He will be missed.

A handful of his classic lines:


If it's the "Psychic Network," why do they need a phone number?

What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.

God gave you a penis and a brain, and only enough blood to run one at a time.

If you want a linguistic adventure, go drinking with a Scotsman.  'Cause you can't fucking understand them before!

I went to rehab in wine country, just to keep my options open.

Politics:  poli, a Latin word meaning "many", and tics, meaning "bloodsucking creatures."

I'm looking for Miss Right, or at least Miss Right Now.

Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students.

Freud:  "If it's not one thing, it's your mother."

I'm sorry.  If you were right, I'd agree with you.

Reality:  what a concept! 


And with thousands to choose from, one quick video clip from long ago:



No comments:

Post a Comment