Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Confession

(Although I'm not religious, this was all over Facebook and just too funny.)
__________________________________________________

Young Joey enters the confessional and says, "Bless me Father, for I have sinned.  I've been with a loose girl."

The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"

"Yes, Father, it is."

"And who was the girl you were with?"

"I can't tell you, Father.  I don't want to ruin her reputation."

"Well, you know, Joey, I'm certain to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now.  Was it Tina Minnetti?"

"I cannot say."

"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Maria Papalardi?"

"I'm sworn to secrecy."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"My lips are sealed, Father."

"Maybe it was Rosie DeAngelo then?"

"Please, Father, please!  I just can't tell you!  I can't do it!"

The priest sighs in frustration.  "You're very tight-lipped, Joey, and I admire your discretion.  But you have sinned, my son, and you must atone.  You are not allowed to be an altar boy for four months.  Leave now, and behave yourself."

Joey walks back to his pew and his friend Frankie slides over and whispers, "So, what'd you get?"

"Four months vacation and five good leads."

No comments:

Post a Comment