Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, April 13, 2014

No Sense Of Humor


In 2015, Stephen Colbert will replace David Letterman on CBS's Late Show.  As much as I'll miss his half-hour spoof on Comedy Central, at the same time I can't wait to see what he'll do with the late-night talk show format.  He's a real comic talent.  Should be good!

The choice of Colbert for the CBS slot drew almost unanimous praise, with two notable exceptions.

By hiring Colbert, Rush Limbaugh said, "CBS has declared war on the heartland of America.  They hired a partisan as an assault on traditional American values."  (Did the "heartland" move?  I ask only because Limbaugh lives in a Palm Beach mansion.).

Bill O'Reilly is the incoherent blow-hard upon whom Colbert based his schtick, and poor Bill still doesn't get the joke.  He said, "Colbert is an ideological fanatic, a progressive mouthpiece who is deceiving and damaging America."





Limbaugh is a hateful tub of goo, and O'Reilly is just a simple idiot.  Colbert makes me laugh.  Limbaugh and O'Reilly make me sick.

Click the link for an amusing 4 minutes.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/3a9611/bill-o-reilly-on-america-s--grievance-industry-


No comments:

Post a Comment