Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, April 10, 2014

$400 Squirrel


Regular readers know that Buster has a hate-hate relationship with squirrels.  When they're not digging up my flowers or getting into my gutters or falling out of trees to land on my head, they're scurrying all over, chattering at me and giving me the little squirrel finger.  Bastards!

Now one of them has sunk to a new low.  This particular rat-with-a-bushy-tail had, unbeknownst to me, built a nest in my chimney.  Sitting in our family room last night, the lovely Mrs. Gammons and I noticed our cat was having a strange fixation with our fireplace.  We heard a noise, got a flashlight, and there behind the glass fireplace doors, sitting in the ashes, was the stupid squirrel who had obviously flunked Nest-Building 101.  It's nest had given way and the dumbass fell all the way down the flue.

Buh-bye!
So this morning the critter control service came out and removed the damn pest, and also removed $400 from by bank account in the process.  I did get a nice, new squirrel-proof chimney cap in the deal.  So that's good.  What will become of the squirrel, I do not know or care.

My t-shirt in the photo below speaks the truth.  At this very moment, I'm sure my local squirrels are in revenge-mode, planning their next insult against me.  I'll keep you posted.





No comments:

Post a Comment