Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Am Dissed By An Old Hero

Donald Fagen, 1972
Donald Fagen, along with Walter Becker, founded one my favorite bands of all-time, Steely Dan. Beginning in 1972, The Dan reeled off a series of stellar, signature albums:  Can't Buy A Thrill, Countdown To Ecstasy, Pretzel Logic, Katy Lied, The Royal Scam, Aja, and Gaucho.  Progressively funkier and jazzier, each one is a gem and I have them all.  Part of my personal soundtrack.



Fagen, now 65, recently had this to say about baby-boomer fans like me:  "People my age aren't that interested in music, period.  They're much more interested in sports or the fact that their knee hurts.  That's perfectly valid.  I'm very interested in the fact that my knee hurts.  Hell, we're playing county fairs now.  It's hard to tell these geriatric people from the farm animals sometimes."

Fagen, 2013


Oh, Donald!  I still love ya and I love your music, and all I can really say is, "Moo!"
  

No comments:

Post a Comment