Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My New Title -- And It's A Promotion!


For many years now, your humble correspondent has served as the volunteer pool manager at our community pool. The responsibilities of the gig are various, I've learned a lot over the years from many other residents, and I've gradually grown into the position to the point where now it's mostly second nature. It's a labor of love, and I'm way cool with it.

So you can imagine how gratifying it was when I received a promotion this afternoon. A young boy came up to me and asked, "Bob? Mr. Bob? You're the pool janitor, right?"

I said, "Sure, kid. That's me. The janitor. What can I do for you?"

Wherever they are, I'm sure my parents are bustin' their buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment