Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bury Me With My Pencil Sharpeners


A southeastern Ohio minister died last summer. For years, in a small decrepit shed, he'd kept his collection of 3400 pencil sharpeners. Yes, pencil sharpeners. He called it his "museum". His widow contacted the local media and it snowballed from there.

Now, in his honor, the late preacher's collection will be displayed inside a brand new regional welcome center. (Motto: "When you need to sharpen the old pencil lead, come to Logan!") The Ohio Senate proclaimed it a "fitting tribute".

Dear readers, if I should die and leave behind a museum of 3400 anythings, please don't publicize it. No tributes required. Just toss my craziness in a dumpster and let me rest in peace.

Thanks in advance.

1 comment:

  1. I live pretty close (Lancaster) I may head there and take some photos.

    ReplyDelete