Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Hey AEP! Cough Up The Coin!"



Both the PUCO and AEP agree: Based on their profit and loss statement (big profit, no loss), AEP overcharged us here in central Ohio by $149 million last year. If this excess profit were to be refunded, the average AEP customer would get back $102.

But AEP doesn't want to give us a refund. Instead, in their proposal to the PUCO, AEP proposes to voluntarily forego a scheduled 6% rate increase for next year. Such an increase would generate $114 million for AEP, and would add $78 to the average customer's annual bill.

So, let's review that math. AEP acknowledges overcharging us $149 million, but would like to keep $35 million of it anyway. Instead of giving me the $102 I'm owed, they want to give me $78 and tell me to be happy about it.

This sucker deal doesn't have final approval yet, but neither has the PUCO told AEP to fuck off. But I will.

"Hey, AEP! Gimme back my money, you bastards!"

No comments:

Post a Comment