Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, November 10, 2010

John-Boy Ready To Piss Away $800 Million


Our new Guv-Elect John Kasich doesn't take office until January, but he's acting like he's in charge already.

First, he asked Gov. Strickland to stop all research and groundwork on the high-speed rail project. Ohio will receive $400 million in federal stimulus funds for this purpose. John-Boy has told the Feds that he just doesn't want their choo-choo train, but asked if he could have the $400 mil anyway. The Feds told him the money was for the rail project, and if he didn't like it, he could go shit in his hat. And Strickland has said that prep work for the project will continue through the end of his term. Good boy, Ted!

Kasich recently threatened Ohio's teachers unions, stating they'd have "zero access" to his administration unless and until they paid for state-wide ads apologizing for their criticism of him during the campaign. Then he declared he'd completely scrap Strickland's plan for distributing $400 million in "Race To The Top" federal education funds. The U.S. Dept. of Education replied that Ohio qualifies for the money based on the already-approved plans, and if he changed those plans, he could go piss up a rope for that money.

Said John-Boy, "Fuck the Feds! If we need $800 million, I'll just do what I always do. I'll get it from my daddy -- I mean my boss -- I mean my good friend -- Rupert Murdoch."

Should be an interesting four years. Is there any way we can get a Mulligan on that governor election thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment