Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, November 22, 2010

Figures Don't Lie, But Liars Figure


Yes, I know the Democrats got their butts kicked in the November mid-terms. I know they lost their majority in the House of Representatives and I know that weepy obstructionist John Boehner will soon be Speaker of the House.

But did you know that Barack Obama received 69,500,000 votes in the 2008 election? That total is the most votes cast for any American President ever. In contrast, Boehner got 181,000 votes in 2008 and 139,000 just a couple weeks ago.

National vs. local, I know, but keep those numbers in mind when the Speaker speaks. Orange John of tiny West Chester is very fond of telling us about "what the American people want." How the fuck would he know what America wants?

No comments:

Post a Comment