Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Saturday, March 19, 2011

Big Brother Was Watching Me



Paraphrasing our silver-tongued governor, "Have you ever met a traffic camera that was an idiot?" A couple weeks ago, my vehicle and I were photographed on North 4th Street by an idiot traffic cam.

Although I have no recollection of it, it seems that I ran a red light on March 1st. This week, the citation arrived in the mail, complete with the incriminating photos and a web link to a video of my offense.

My defense is feeble: I wasn't running the light intentionally, and I really don't remember doing it. The photos show it was 11:30 a.m. and traffic, other than me, was almost non-existent. The notations indicate that the light had been red for just nine-tenths of a second, and I "flew" through the intersection at 24 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. Sadly amusing, but unpersuasive.

When Kasich was foaming at the mouth because the "idiot" cop pulled him over, Buster advised him to "shut up and pay the fine!" Good advice. I'm writing the check today.

No comments:

Post a Comment