Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, October 13, 2017

My Letter To The White House


To:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

Mr. Fake President,

I'm a 63 year-old with Stage 4 cancer.  I am alive today because of the ACA, which is covering my very expensive treatments.  Without this treatment, I would be dead.  I receive a premium subsidy.

Your executive orders will split the individual insurance market into two segments -- young & healthy, and old & sick.  Your refusal to fund the vital CSR's will drive up premiums for the second group.  Your actions will give us neither "great, great healthcare" nor "lower costs."  Quite the opposite.  You're intentionally sabotaging Obamacare at the expense of my life and millions like me.  It's petty, cruel, and vindictive; a bum move.

So my question for you, Feckless Leader, is this:

When, due to your orders, my presence in the old & sick segment causes my premiums to spike, when those premiums become unaffordable for me even with a subsidy, when I then face becoming uninsured plus being assessed tax penalties for failure to obtain coverage which I can't afford, WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

Since this is your bright idea, and you're the one with the great brain and the highest IQ, and you know so much about insurance, and you've undoubtedly thought this all through very carefully, you tell me:  WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

I await your answer.  My life may depend upon it.

cc:  Sen. Sherrod Brown, Sen. Rob Portman, Rep. Pat Tiberi 

No comments:

Post a Comment