Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, January 14, 2018

Norwegians Prefer To Stay Put


Education for the fake president.

The inscription on the plaque reads:

Give me your tired, your poor, 
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost, to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

It does not say, "Send more Europeans, like that nice blonde lady from Norway I met the other day."

BTW, Norwegians are not exactly clamoring to move to America.  In Norway, they have high taxes but also high incomes, lots of paid vacation time, a wide spectrum of government benefits at little-to-no cost, including health care and college, few guns, little gun violence, and no Trump-ish buffoons.

Why the hell would a Norwegian want to come here?  

From the National Department of No Shit, Sherlock:
Our nominal leader is a racist and a liar, with racist language and attitudes, pushing racist policies.


#FDT
#NotMyPresident
#ITMFA


No comments:

Post a Comment