Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, December 24, 2018

Interim, Acting Holidays


Hello, dear readers.  This is the interim, acting Buster here.  The real Buster recently submitted a resignation letter giving two-months notice.  I thought that was nice of me, until I actually read my friggin' letter.  I bad-mouthed me!  Unbelievable.  So I couldn't let me quit, I had to fire myself.  And here I am replacing myself.

For our national government, we're ending the year in a fitting Trumpian/Republican way  -- serious people are gone, and all that remains are interim, acting sycophants.  It's just this sort of genius-in-action which leads the R's to wrap up two solid years of governmental control with another shutdown.  It's their only accomplishment.

It's a comfort to know that Turkey and Russia will handle all Middle East issues from now on, and that our new Secretary of Defense will be a business executive with zero military, diplomatic or governmental experience.  Because Republicans are well-known for their strength in foreign policy and national security.  He-he!!

Remember, it's not "Happy Holidays Without a Paycheck."
It's "Merry Christmas Without a Paycheck."  Got that?
Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!  Unless you're a federal employee without a paycheck.  If that's the case, try to enjoy some interim, acting holidays.  Until you return to work next year, I recommend drinking heavily while sending nasty tweets to Donnie Demento.

No comments:

Post a Comment