Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, November 3, 2014

Will They Still Love Me Tomorrow?


These elections must have set some sort of record for political email solicitations, almost all of them asking for money.  For the past few days, my inbox has been flooded by literally a hundred emails a day from my good "friends" such as Bill and Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Sherrod Brown, Al Franken, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Jimmy Carter, Gabby Giffords, Michelle Obama and my honest-to-god very distant cousin President Barack Obama.

Michelle and my cuz

Bill and Hillary

Uncle Joe

Harry and Nancy

Franken and my homeboy Sherrod

Warren and Sanders

Davis

Giffords

Carter


Good people one and all.  Will they all still love me tomorrow, post election?  I bet they will.


Conspicuously absent from my in-box are my Republican legislators in D.C., Sen Robbie Portman and Rep. Pat Tiberi.  They don't call, they don't write!  Was it something I said?  Almost certainly!!  Tee-hee!  








Pat?  Rob?  Hello??













No comments:

Post a Comment