Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Pair Of Potted Plants


There was a big article in today's NY Times on Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky) and his efforts to make Libertarianism more palatable to the masses.  Not likely.  But I was more interested in the accompanying photo of the meeting room in Paul's Senate office.  There on the white wall are two portraits, one of Rand, the other of his father Ron.  Both are rendered in the classic "paint-by-numbers" style and both are frame-less, which accentuates the taste-challenged vibe.  Each portrait is flanked by the sort of cheap-ass, low-maintenance houseplant, still in its original plastic pot, that was popular forty years ago when I was in college.

I'm no horticulturalist, but I think the plants are either snake's tongue (sansevieria) or dumb cane (dieffenbachia).

Either way, an appropriate choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment