Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Dozen Of The Best Things Anybody Ever Said


"If you can't annoy somebody, there is little point in writing." -- Kingsley Amis











"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover your high school class is running the country." -- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.











"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?" -- Charlie McCarthy











"Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anyone." -- Mark Twain











"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income." -- Errol Flynn











"I have already given two cousins to the war and I stand ready to sacrifice my wife's brother." -- Artemus Ward











"The more he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson











"Either this wallpaper goes or I do." -- The last words of Oscar Wilde











"I am firm. You are obstinate. He is a pig-headed fool." -- Katharine Whitehorn











"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" -- Steven Wright











"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." -- Quentin Crisp












"I think everyone should be treated in a Christian manner. I will not, however, be responsible for the consequences." -- George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment