Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, April 1, 2012

Buster's Final Post


This may be something of a shock to faithful readers, but this is the final post of Buster's Blog as you've come to know it. (OK, all you haters, hold your applause.)

You see, I've been doing some thinking -- soul searching, you might call it -- and I've had an epiphany: I've been wrong about everything, and I'm gonna try to make things right.

I reject all my past liberal, progressive proclamations. I was just showing off. In my heart, I'm deeply conservative. I see now that Fox News and the Tea Party had it right all along, and I realize that Obama is truly the anti-Christ (even if he is my distant cousin). I apologize for my many anti-religion comments. I will embrace the church and become Roman Catholic. No, that's not enough -- I'll be an Evangelical Baptist. I now believe that all right-thinking Americans should join me and vote for Rick Santorum, and together we'll enjoy dominion over everything. And I sincerely regret all the profanity and sexual references which have regularly appeared in this space.

Buster is a changed, contrite man. I'll never go down the wrong path again, and I come to you now hat in hand, begging forgiveness for all my past derelictions. Mea culpa.














(If, for some reason, you believe any of the foregoing bullshit, check the fucking date of this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment