Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, July 31, 2017

A Funny Way Of Showing It


I've written to Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) so often over the years, his staff has subscribed me to his weekly constituent newsletter, "Rob's Rundown."  Receiving these regular doses of self-congratulatory disinformation is a privilege I never asked for.  In fact, I've tried to unsubscribe, but the crap keeps running downhill into my email inbox no matter what.

The most recent bit of smug spin came on Saturday, where I learned from his staff that "Last week, his focus was on healthcare, where his goal is create a more workable system that lowers the cost of coverage and provides access to quality care, while protecting the most vulnerable in our society."

If those are really Robbie's goals, he has a funny way of showing it.

He voted yes to proceed with House's godawful AHCA, voted yes on the Senate's equally awful BCRA, and voted yes on the Senate's last-minute, half-baked skinny repeal.  All three votes failed, but all three times, Rob was in favor of a destructive travesty which would have achieved precisely none of his "goals."

Robbie is a hypocritical fraud with zero credibility remaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment