Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, November 14, 2016

Don't Succumb To The Final Stage Of Grief


Fresh horrors await us daily.

Steve Bannon will be King Trump's "chief strategist."  He was Trump's campaign chairman and is the ex-CEO of Breitbart.com.  Bannon is an unapologetic racist, white supremacist, anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim, sexist, xenophobe.  He turned Breitbart into a white nationalist propaganda mill.  Bannon is Trump's kind of guy.  Oh goody.  (Click the link for some examples of Bannon's ideology.)  

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/28/breitbartcom-becoming-media-arm-alt-right

If you voted for Trump, you voted for the Bannon/Breitbart mentality.  It henceforth defines you.  It's who you are and what you represent.  You're in that club and there are no partial memberships.  You do not get to disown Trump's awful words and deeds.  You do not get to excuse him or yourself by saying, "Oh, he hasn't even begun yet.  Give him a chance.  Maybe he'll do some good."  

News flash -- everybody "does some good."  To this day, some morons insist that Hitler did some good things.  "Some good" does not offset massive amounts of bad.  Overwhelming bad doesn't deserve a chance.  And the bad side of Trump's ledger is insurmountable.

If you and I are acquainted and you voted for Trump, and you continue to celebrate him and all the awful things he stands for, you're welcome to your viewpoint but I don't see much value in our relationship.  I need less wrong-ass thinking in my life, not more.

They say there are five stages of grief, with the final one being acceptance.  I, for one, intend to avoid the fifth stage.  I do not accept Trump, and will not.  I reject him.  I will do all I can at every turn to oppose his horrible agenda.  I'm just one puny little person, but I'll make the biggest stink I can.















#safetypin


1 comment: