Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, June 27, 2016

End The Divide?


Maybe you've seen this ad from the Koch brothers.  It's  been in fairly heavy rotation here in swingy ol' Ohio, part of their down-ballot strategy:



So let me get this straight.  Two of the richest men in world would like you to believe they give a shit about poverty, racism, unfairness, and the big have/have not divide.  And they want you to believe that the best way to fix these societal problems is to "remove the red tape and excessive government regulations" (i.e. all the rules they don't like) so that they can prosper to an even greater extent.  (The Kochs are hurting?  They are somehow oppressed?)

They want you to swallow it and like it and believe that somehow the entire nation will benefit if only we do everything the Koch way.

Don't swallow.  Don't believe.  It's tired old trickle-down B.S.
_________________________________

And BTW, can any of my conservative readers (semi- and other) give me a single example of an excessive, repressive government regulation?  Tell me how it's killed your business and ruined your life.  Tell me everything, I'm all ears.







No comments:

Post a Comment